Thursday, August 12, 2010

We Must Learn to Take the Good with the Bad



After spending the day at Emily's, I was feeling pretty discouraged. There was one girl I talked to for over half an hour who turned around and walked inside.

This girl made me so sad because all she could say was, "I'm sorry but I have to do this."

The bottom line is, no matter what we do or what we say, we can't save them all. We can't save any of them. Only Jesus can. I let myself get caught up in one bad situation when there is so much to be grateful for.

The good news, which Jowel had to remind me of, is that we had 8 sonograms today!!! One was a set of twins. Now that is incredible. What a GREAT day at Emily's!!

Only by God's grace can we get 8 women headed into an abortion mill to stop and talk to us and then get a free sonogram even when it might make them late to their appointment.

Guess what? Most of them never made it to their appointment :D

So I've learned that this job is full of ups and downs, but we must never get discouraged. As Christians, we know that Jesus has already conquered death. We are soldiers in the battle of life, and we are headed towards Victory!

No comments: