Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Different Perspective



Yesterday was my first time being at the Queens center. I got an opportunity to table with Maria, which I have never done before. It was great that we were able to hand out literature to those people who were also passing by.

A lot of people actually took the literature which surprised me but then I realized they were more willing to look at what we had to say because the literature we were handing out looked like a newspaper, which I thought was a great way of getting people's attention.

Many pregnant women stopped by with their children to look at the fetal models. It was really cool because they were able to show their daughter or son how the baby looked like in the womb. It was exciting to see the children's faces looking on happily because they couldn't wait to see how their new baby brother or sister would look like after they were born.

The fact that many women would want to abort their child and take away that privilege from the child or children that they already have now of having little sibling is really saddening.

No comments: