Monday, August 2, 2010

The Last Hope


Today was my first day at the Jerome clinic in the Bronx, it was a busy day, after all morning counseling and talking about all the consequences of abortion and all of the girls leaving undecided or even mad because we did not ofter the abortion procedure, I was starting to lose hope. Right then,when I thought I was doing a bad job and I had no hope at all, this young girl walked in, and then and there I thought to myself "come on maria, just keep trying, don't lose it" So I asked my guardian angel to take this counseling for me, to talk to the girl because I was scared.
She was 21, lived with her Boyfriend and already had a 5 month old baby, she was scared, nervous and did not believe in herself. After watching the video and talking with her, Cathy talked to her about the gift of life..........after 1h of counseling, the final question came up.....what are you thinking??..........I am thinking that I am going to keep this baby.............................It definitively made Cathy's day and I could not believe it. After a hard day of work there is always a beautiful reward.

1 comment:

vickie said...

This brought tears to my eyes!!!!