Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Life After the Internship



Contemplating on all the women I have counseled and all the amazing people I have met, I realized that this internship really is like no other. Everyday, interns are counseling, praying or fighting for women whether it is in the smoldering heat, heavy rain or under the threats of the Pro-Choice. My foundation in the Pro-Life cause has grown so much stronger. This internship gave me the experience, faith and tools to fight abortion. I can probably state and explain every risk and procedure associated with having an abortion now. Seeing the most stubborn of women break down and cry whether it be tears of joy or regret made me really understand what these women are going through, and what I need to do to reach them.
Observing some of the wisest women I have ever met, the supervisors of these life saving clinics, talk to these women in need and pouring out their heart and soul to them has made me feel the presence of God Himself in the room. They showed that we must save the women first before we can save the child. Although there could be clashing personalities, miscommunication and disorganization within the Bronx Life House sometimes, our goal of helping those women always kept us together and strong. We learned to look past our differences and ourselves so that we could make a difference.

No comments: