Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not babies but yes to smartphones?


I have realized sometimes we are not fighting just against ignorance but against cold hearts as well. Yesterday I talked to a woman who wanted an abortion for her friend. Her friend entered the room to take the pregnancy test. Meanwhile I tried to explain to the other woman what abortion was and I showed her a video of the procedures of abortion. Then I thought, “Maybe if we can change her mind, she will talk to her friend too”, but I was mistaken.


She only watched half of the video and before it ended she started playing with her Smartphone. Of course, most of the girls who come have one and they said they have financial problems. I tried again to talk to her, I told her that inside her friend was a baby and that she might be happy about that. She stared at me in silence, then came the worst:


-“I really don’t care about what my friend is going to do. Last year I got an abortion and I am OK. I think everybody has the right to make their own decision” -she said.


-“No one has the right to make or take a human life”.


After that I had no answer.


Then I realize that nowadays a baby’s right to live seems unimportant. It’s surprising for me of how many times we don’t talk with someone who ignores what abortion is but with someone who doesn’t care about a baby’s life. It is true that some don’t know about abortion procedures or maybe they have financial problems. Others… they know what abortion is but they have cold hearts. We must show them what love is, and we must love them. Only love warms cold hearts more than any fire.

No comments: