Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Not all is lost


Today, I met with a girl named Abigail who came in for a pregnancy test. When she first came in she said that she was undecided of about whether or not she would keep the baby. I then sat down with her and showed her the abortion procedure videos and the choice blues videos. She looked so sad and disgusted when she saw them. I asked her what she thought about them and she said she could never do that.

I then asked her what her fears were concerning the pregnancy. She said that she was in currently in school in Connecticut and that she was leaving for school next week, most importantly she was afraid of how her parents would react.

I gave her a pregnancy test and it came out positive. Abigail began to cry and you could see in her eyes that she thought all was lost. I began to comfort her and let her know that her world is not going to end and that we could offer her as much help as she needed. She later became at ease and scheduled an appointment to have her sonogram next week.

1 comment:

Patte said...

So glad that Abigail came to see you instead of going right to the abortuary to murder her baby. It is wonderful that you are there to love the woman & her baby in so many ways. I thank God for you!

I am curious, do you tell the mothers that their babies are created by God? Do you explain that His commandments forbid sexual immorality & murder? Do you tell them that the Bible says those acts are sin? Do you tell the moms that they must repent & trust in Christ?