Sunday, August 1, 2010

Different cultures, same cause.

The last 3 weeks we were in a pro-life trip, and one of the places where we were helping was Charlotte. Most of the time that I have been in U.S has been in NY. Here I've noticed about the cultural differences between U.S and Europe (specially Spain), but I just realized that I didn't notice that much. The first thing that "re-shocked" me was the evangelist's Rally. There aren't any protestant churches in Spain. I only saw that kind of "masses" in the movies. Regardless of being a Catholic, as Chris told us, we can learn a lot from these people, Chad, Flip... maybe their energy, maybe their strength, their organization. That really surprised me, because of the cultural differences, and because it's ridiculous even think about an spanish version of those rallies in Spain. Those "Jesus is the Standard" T-Shirts would be, at least, a mass media event in Spain. Even for pro-lifers. And that's not bad or good actually, just different for me. The pro-life work in Spain is much different than in U.S, and now I feel it's very young in Spain, and that we have a lot of things to learn. Demonstrations are O.K, but we need to save babies in the end.

No comments: