Thursday, August 12, 2010

So Amazing, So Touching

For my first day I went to the office in brooklyn, I was welcomed with kindness.As things were being explained to me young mothers and some of their partners began to fill the office. As a few minutes passed by,I sat in on the presentation of the untold truths about abortions. As I looked around in the room there were shocked faces and there were plain faces. I myself learned a few things during that presentation. But anyways I continued to look around the room and i seen a young lady with her head down as if she felt uncomfortable with the presentation. Well as the presentation was winding down a fellow intern and I took one of the young ladies to talk with her. It wasn't until the young lady sat down and looked up that i realized it was the girl with her head down. So we talked to her about why she felt she wanted an abortion and her response was " I feel it's the best thing for my child because i don't want my child to grow up with a dispute between their parents". So as I explained to her that to abort her child wasn't the best thing for her child she began to express how her and the father had been going through things and she began to cry. Anyone could tell that she didn't want the abortion and she was heartbroken. She continued to speak about the things they were going through and how the doctor told her she wouldn't carry a full term pregnancy because she was high risk because of her physical frame.We told her that that was an even better reason to keep her baby because it's a miracle and that she doesn't know if God will bless her again in the future.It was time for her ultrasound and she was ready.She began to cry as she seen her baby, she was 11 weeks and 3 days. She even talked to her baby. This was so amazing and so touching.I am really blessed to be able to help other females and change a Life. I am looking forward to many more stories and many more blessings!

No comments: