Sunday, August 15, 2010

Amelia, incredible story.


I knew Amelia (picture) a couple of days ago.

I was in Queens, in the sidewalk, passing brochures out and showing videos to people by the TV.

Suddenly, a mother approached us, as if she were looking for information, or surprised because of the videos. Then I started to talk with her and giving a paper to her as normal. But then she started to talk with me, showing me her baby. She said:

-I wanted to abort this baby about nine months ago. Someday I was walking by this street, and saw you guys, your video, and read your brochure. My husband then encouraged me not to have an abortion and to keep the baby. It was a hard time but finally I decided to keep it. Here it is. Thank you.

That was one of the most shocking stories of this year because I had the baby in front of myself. Normally I don't get to see the babies whose mother I have counseled, but he was there, beautiful and alive, and even I didn't counseled directly that woman, the question "what if...?" was there.

No comments: