Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Patience will prosper

My first day working at the EMC clinic in Queens I experienced my first hard, real and shocking case. A couple walked in, they were from Tibet. She is married to another man, who is living in India and is currently pregnant with another man's child, who is the one who brought her to us. He wanted an abortion because he claimed he was not ready to have a baby even though they are both 25 and with stable jobs. This made me think that there is really NEVER an excuse to have an abortion.
Even though he wanted an abortion he was open to our suggestions and very respectful to what we defend. We talked to him for over an hour, and he finally realized that not being ready, and even not being married to her was not enough and was not a reason to kill their baby. So they both left with a smile and encouraged to work harder and fight to make this baby's life possible. I thought the battle was won but the following week they came back abortion minded again. Then I realized that we must never give up and the most important thing is to be patient and never lose hope. The fact that they came back to us made me realize how amazing God's plans are.

No comments: