Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Female intuition


It impresses me how far girls are capable of going because they are scared. One girl I talked to today, walked in and told us she wanted to parent, but after talking to her for a while I could tell something was not going well, she was contradicting herself. She did not want to tell us where she lived or what she did with her life.

She told us how a baby is just a small dot of blood and how she does not want anything to do with the father and that she wanted to go back to Mexico. Somehow, I felt something was wrong. So I decided to show her the abortion videos and to talk to her about post abortion syndrome. After the video and the counseling she said "after this I don't want to have an abortion, I don't want that".......... Sometimes we are willing to believe the first thing people tell us, we have to be careful and always talk to them about abortion, even if thats not their chioice, because it helps them, it is information that will be with them for a long time and some day might come in handy. It is important to realize that we´re not only trying to prevent abortion but also helping and forming young girls who never had the same oportunities that we did.
Even though she is planing on keeping the baby I feel that something is still wrong. Pray that she is OK and that she does not change her mind.

No comments: