Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pink or Blue?


         My child, I'm only seventeen,
         I don't know what to do.
         I hope that you will understand
         Why I can't keep you.

       
         You see I'm not married,
         And you were a mistake.
         You were conceived in the back of a car
         While on a blind date.

         Your father's not much older,
         And we are both in school.
         I don't feel that I should pay
         Because we both were fools.

         My child, I don't have a job,
         And neither does your dad;
         But just thinking about abortion
         Really makes me sad.

         They say you're not really a child,
         That you are just a mass,
         That I should abort you,
         And all these feelings will pass.

         My child tell me are you real?

         Child tell me what to do.
         If I decide to keep you,
         Would you wear pink or blue?
         Would I get to hold you,
         Would I see your smiling face?
         Child, what would you do
         If you were in my place?
 
         Mom, I'm not in your place,
         I can't tell you what to do.

         But you've asked me some questions,
         So I will answer you:

         Yes Mom I'm really real
         Though I did not ask to be,
         Now it seems the question is,
         What will do with me?

         I pray I'll get to know you,
         And you'll hold me in your arms;
         You'll tuck me into bed at night
         And protect me from harm.

         We'll play ring around the roses
         And hide and seek too.
         Mom, don't you understand,
         I'm just as real as you.

         I'm all soft and cuddly,
         And I have rosy cheeks.
         But I can't tell you what to do,
         It's God's wisdom you must seek.

         You see Mom I'm not a mass,
         No matter what they think.
         And just in case you're wondering,
         I'd be wearing pink...

No comments: