Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Is not a problem, is a baby


One of the offices that I like to work the most in New York is Brooklyn’s office. In the same building there are two abortion clinics, so there are a lot of girls who come to our office, most of them confused.
 My first week in New York came a girl who looked very frightened. I asked her what she needed and she told me that she was wanted an abortion. She was six weeks pregnant.
 .
 The girl passed into the office and we filled the form with their personal information.  She was only 24 years old, and she was not very willing to talk with us about keep the baby. She said that she had four young children and that it was totally impossible to have one more, one more problem. While we was waiting to have an ultrasound to confirm how many months she was, I tried to talk  with her a little longer, but she was not receptive. I tried to show video to her about baby's development but she declined it. Then Linda came and told her that the ultrasound was ready.

Sometime later, the girl went out the sonogram’s room and she was crying. I asked her if she was ok and it was the first time in the morning that she smiled. She told me that she had seen the sonogram and she had a baby, not a problem; she had decided to have it.

No comments: