Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A MATTER OF TIME

She came in a panic. She was pregnant, what was she going to do. "Come here, sweet girl, let's talk." I said. She shared her worries and her struggles, explaining why she felt she just couldn't go through with this pregnancy. We talked about her options, and focused on God's work in her life. She saw her baby, she heard the heartbeat, she smiled with tears in her eyes. She was more confused than ever, not sure what to do. "Take your time to think, don't rush into a decision," I said before I prayed for her. She left, and thanked me for my help.
The stress was too much, she just couldn't take it. She rushed to the clinic, and got "it" done.
"How are you?" I asked a few days later. She proceeded to tell me that she was not doing well at all. Pain, guilt, regret, and nightmares, were all words that came out of her mouth to describe how she felt. "I'm so sorry about what I did, I have so much regret" She said. We prayed in that moment and supplicated for God's healing in her life.
This woman, like many others, wish they would have taken a little more time to make a decision about their pregnancy. For these women it's too late to go back and change things, but there is still time for them to seek God's mercy and find their healing in Him.
Pray for these women as they seek healing, and pray they would share their stories with those who have yet to make a decision.


No comments: