Wednesday, August 22, 2012

There's No Way I Can Do That

Today was a wonderful day in the Queens office. I had a very unique case, two roommates who both thought they may be pregnant! It was a busy day, so I decided to counsel them together! It turned out that one girl (I'll call her Sara) was negative, but the other (I'll call her Kendra) was positive. I began to tell them both about the abortion procedure, and Kendra began to tear up. It's always hard when a girl starts crying while I'm talking to her, because it makes me want to cry with her. But I held it together because it was important to continue telling her about all the risks and complications that could happen. As I continued, Sara moved closer to Kendra and wrapped her in a hug to comfort her. When I put the Choice Blues DVD on, which shows the abortion procedure, Kendra started to full-on cry and said, "I can't do that, there is no way I can do that." She is coming back in later this week for a sonogram and figure out where to go for prenatal care. I am blessed to have met these two beautiful and strong young women.

No comments: