Monday, August 13, 2012

Deliveries with Rafa

This Wednesday it will start my 6th week here in NYC working for EMC.

Since I arrived, last July 11th, I once went to the Bronx office, but except this time, I've been always doing sidewalk counseling at Bronx's Dr. Emily or at New Rochelle's Planned Parenthood.

But today my work was quite differente. I woke up early this morning to go with Rafa to make some deliveries.

We did a lot of things. We packed an enormous bag filled with baby clothes and that kind of baby stuff, we delivered a check for one of Chris' workers, we delivered the big bag...

This may not seem to be a child-saving activity, but still it is very important for EMC and for the mothers to do this work, because without it, it would be very difficult for this organization to keep going.


No comments: