Saturday, August 25, 2012

Landing in NYC and the counselings

Hi everyone,

My name is Cristina Muñoz, the new intern in the Bronx Lifehouse. I arrived at NYC on the 8th August and since then I have been so lucky to go to two trips with the other interns, and be in two different pregnancy centers.

My first contact with the women attended by EMC was in the Queen's office, in a really busy and hard work day. I did my first counseling with another intern, because I wanted to learn how to do counseling, talk the women, what to say them. But the real fact is that there were so many women waiting for us in the office, so I had to face my first counseling alone the same day.


The most shocking for me was that women arrive aparently strong, determined to abort, but his facial expression changes when they watch in the video Choice Blie the atrocities they are going to suffer in tthe surgery, and the ones made in the children they have inside.

I met a young 20 years old woman, married and with 2 little kids. She was worried because she though she won't be able to attend their children, even with time, money or affection.
After watching the video and have a talk about the solutions we could find to her worries, she decided to keep on the baby, and tell her husband that she had made her decision. I realized that in the depths of  women's heart, they really want the children in their womb, but they're blinded by fear, loneliness, complications. When she left the office she hugged me and thanked me for helping her to understand that the babies have the right to born.





No comments: