Friday, August 3, 2012

Rosanna


        She was a small and pretty girl of 15 years old. She was alone with her handbag between her arms, waiting, thinking. Her name was Rosanna. I felt like I could hear her thoughts. “My mum is gonna kill me. I can not be pregnant…”. She only spoke spanish so the counseling went directly for me. What a pleasure!

         First, I gave to her the pregnancy test. Her first option was getting a termination. But the test was negative. Anyway, I decide to talk to her about the abortion issue and I also about sex, love and marriage. She was too young and, beacuse of this, more vulnerable. This fact gave me the opportunity to talk as a friend but also as a mum. Moreover, I showed her a video about teenagers, sex and pregnancy and she, so she seemed to be interested on the topic because she made a lot of questions. Finally, she left saying tahat in the case of getting pregnant in a future, she would not think in more choice instead of abortion.

No comments: