Saturday, August 11, 2012

Farewell to New York!


This is my last blog – I leave on Monday to return home to California! I have had a great time here; there have been hard times (working with such sadness is difficult) but many happy times as well. I have met such amazing friends and teachers. I will really miss Linda and all my housemates. I’ll miss all the Spanish music, the cooking, singing and sitting on the subway heading to Manhattan!
                I loved working in the centers. I met so many beautiful and brave young women. Regardless of their decisions, all of those girls fight to survive in unbelievably difficult situations and I respect their ability to make the best of their lives.
                I probably won’t be back in New York anytime soon, but I’ll bring the lessons learned home to California with me and I’ll never stop fighting to defend the lives of the unborn and to protect women from the horrors of abortion. Thank you for your prayers in this struggle!
                Chris told me to write down how many saves I have had this summer, so I’ll give you an approximation, as I didn’t record them… In my two weeks in Jerome I had 14 turnarounds, at the Bronx office 5 and in my time in Brooklyn I can only give the broadest guess… I was there a little over 4 weeks and I saw maybe 3 girls a day and usually had two or three turnarounds each day. I’ll leave it to you to make either the highest or lowest estimate of how many girls total decided to save their babies after speaking with me and seeing the truth of abortion.

No comments: