Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mother care

This week I met in the Queen's office a women who 3 weeks ago was a turn around. I remained in contact with this mother after the sonogram and her final decision of keeping the baby because I though it was important to follow-up her in order to make her understand that despiste of her economic and familiar problems I was going to help her.

When we talked she told me how she was feeling about the pregnancy and what stuff she needed for her two more kids: diapers, kids clothes, baby bottles, etc. She has already a one-year-old baby boy and a 6-year-old girl.

I could see she was very glad and grateful that I could help her, and at the same time I was very happy because I felt useful.

We said goodbye to each other and we promised to keep in touch when I'd be back in Spain.


Helping this mother, although it had been the only girl I had helped, I think my work here has been worthwhile!

No comments: