Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It Is What It Is!

On our second day in Long Island City, we only saw two women, but the last one brought us so much joy. She was a little bit older and was very unsure whether or not she was pregnant. She was very talkative with Carolina and me. She kept saying, "Whether or not I'm pregnant, it is what it is." She told us about her relationship with the father of the baby. They are not really together, but more like "friends with benefits." She told us "You know, I might have made a mistake by sleeping with him, but hey, I'm a grown up. If I'm pregnant, it's my fault and it is what it is." She had already decided that she would keep the baby, but after performing the test, it turned out she was negative. Even so, her attitude about her situation was so completely refreshing that Carolina and I will both remember her forever.

No comments: