Monday, July 4, 2011

No Excuses

When I counsel abortion minded women, some of the most common excuses I hear them give as reasons why they want an abortion are something along the lines of: "I'm too young" or, "I'm not ready to have a kid", or, "I just can't see myself having another child right now." The type of women who say these kinds of things are normally in their late teens to early twenty's, finishing up high school or college, and living with a parent. They are often the hardest clients to turn around.

Surprisingly, the easiest women to turn around, in my experience, are often the ones with the most legitimate reasons to feel they can't have a child. It is the fourteen year old, homeless, parent-less girl who can see that abortion is murdering a child. It is the displaced and abused prostitute who understands that life is valuable and that killing her baby won't solve any of her problems. They could make the excuses that: "I have nowhere to stay, no home for a baby" or, "I can't provide for the basic physical needs of a baby", or "The father of my baby isn't a good man and I fear for our safety." But all of that means nothing to them compared to the horror of abortion and the blessing of life. They realize their pregnancy isn't solely about themselves and their circumstances or needs. It is about giving life to another human being, their child, their blessing from God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It may be a simple matter of human nature at work in these cases. That is, the more you perceive that you have to lose, the more willing you are to take drastic measures to prevent that loss from happening.

Humbly submitted