Friday, July 1, 2011

LIKE THE YANKEES

I am trying my best to help those women who came to visit us, also, I am trying my best to listen to them and understand their circumstances. I realized that from EMC lots of women are being helped but...there is something else that I just discovered it was happening.


Each
of us can influence lots of people, not only the ones that come to visit us at EMC, but all our friends, our relatives, our neighbors, the new people we are meeting here.... All those that have nothing to do with EMC. When I explain where I am working, what I'm doing in New York, it is an opportunity for me to talk about abortion, the impact it has, the damage that it causes women, how much help is available to pregnant mothers...

On the onther hand, there is a lot of information about abortion that people don't know, although they dont agree with abortion. For this reason, talking about abortion gives us the opprtunity to give more transparency to this.

I cannot express by words this feeling, however, I do not want to give the impresion that this fact is our merit, it just happens and.. for a while, our possition in this net is really important.

Yesterday, we went with Chris to a Yankee's game and he explained to us the rules of the game and how it works. At one point he said "In this game, there are two players that are esential, the two most important: one is the pitcher and the other one is the batter.


Well, when he said that, I thought of this work we are doing and of the influence our job is gonna have and.... For a moment I imagined that all those who work at EMC are, at this moment, those two players, the most important ones. Those on which the game depends the most, those which determine the direction the work is going to take.

No comments: