Saturday, November 15, 2014

LADY DI

This has been the best week since I’ve been here. On Monday I had a “turn around”, on Tuesday I had two “turn arounds”, but the girl who impressed me the most was the one on Wednesday.
She came in wanting an abortion, thinking that she was going to have it that same day. When I sat with her, I told her that we had to complete a form, do a pregnancy test and then a sonogram. She didn’t want a sonogram, didn’t want to see what was inside of her. I explained its importance and took advantage of that to talk about fetal development with her. She was amazed! We spoke about everything, her family, her situation, her fears, abortion, side effects, her daughter and her baby, the baby she wanted to kill. 
“You are not alone, you are a great mother. Be a greater one!” That was my sentence.
After an hour and a half of conversation, she went into the sonogram room. When she came out, a nurse told me that she was 11 weeks and 4 days, so I picked the choice book we have in the office, looked for the picture and information of an eleven weeks old fetus and showed it to her. Then, while she was holding and looking at a picture of her baby, I asked: “What do you want to do with your pregnancy?”-Silence-“Do you want an abortion?”-Silence-“Are you undecided?”-Silence-“Do you want to keep it?”-Silence-. She kept her head down looking to her baby in the picture, then looked at me and said “I think I’m going to keep it!”

This has been the week in which I’ve felt more comfortable. That has resulted in 4 babies saved!

No comments: