Wednesday, November 19, 2014

GOOD AND BAD NEWS

Ok guys, I know I should tell you about my experience here, but this week something happened related to what brought me here and I feel that I should share it.
I went to the same Catholic School for fifteen years, the group of friends I have now was formed within the last two months of our senior year. My friends are one of the most important things in my life, we are thirteen girls who love and help each other, all of us are very good friends. One of these lovely girls is Patricia.
On the first year of college Patricia told us that she was pregnant, her boyfriend was (sorry for saying this) an idiot. When she told me about it I felt… I don’t know, I think it was mostly pity for her; she was nineteen and dropped her studies in order to start to work and be able to raise her child. On November, 3, Gary was born. Then, she told us that her relationship with her boyfriend was over. Nevertheless, six months later she called me and told me that she was pregnant again. I told her that everything was fine, that I was always going to be there for her, but when I hung the phone I cried, I couldn’t believe it! On January, 6, Elisabeth was born.
These babies have been a huge part of my life since they were born, I have changed diapers, played, fetch them from nursery school, gone to the park, bathed them, etc. I love them so much!
This Monday Patricia called me and broke the news that she is expecting her third baby, the father is a different one, her two children are excited and painting things to welcome him.

Can you imagine how I felt? She is a waitress in a restaurant, she is 23, has no studies apart of high school, she earns very little and doesn´t receive any help. But even with all this, THANK YOU GOD, BECAUSE SHE NEVER THOUGHT OF ABORTION! My friend Patricia is a brave woman who has given up her dreams for her children’s shake.



No comments: