Sunday, July 22, 2012

A turn around


Yesterday in the Queen's office came a 20 year old girl with her sister decided to have an abortion. She was really nervous because when she entered in the counseling room I realized her legs were trembling a lot.
I explained to her the surgical abortion’s procedure and its consequences or complications, and while I was talking I could see her face of distress.  Afterwards I put the video Choice Blues about the surgical procedure and within 2 min she started to cry saying: “I can’t do that”.

In the sonogram we couldn’t see very well the baby because she was about 6 and a half weeks but the heartbeat. The girl didn’t stop crying and her sister told her: “Don’t do that, I will help you with the baby not matter what it costs”. It was a really emotional situation because both sisters realized that it was a baby and not a mass of cells.

When the 20 year old mother was leaving I gave her a big hug making her see that we were there for everything she needs.

No comments: