Saturday, July 28, 2012

Obstacles

"If the test result is possitive, what would you do?" "Have an abortion".

"Why?". And that is when the whole story begins.

She was born in Korea and came to the US when she was 14 years old, all by herself, looking for a better education, for a better life. As she grew up, she had to fight and achieve every goal she had, she had to come from having nothing to having a house, a job, a baby and a wonderful couple.

"So you have everything, what's the reason why you want to have an abortion?"

"You know? When I had my baby my mother didn't talk to me for several years. She didn't even let me go visit her in Korea, she thought I was the worst  person in the world. She only wants the best for me, and my pregnancy at 18 years old wasn't in her plans for me. Now she has finally accepted me again... And I don't want to screw that up. I'm scared, and confused".

"Would you like to have the baby?"

"I've been thinking lately... I would love to have a family, to give my daughter a little brother or sister. But my mom is everything I have, and I don't want to be alone anymore".

"You have a daughter, a boyfriend. You have a house, a job you love. Lots of friends, his family adores you. You have all the support you need: you have them, and you have us. Ever since you were a teenager you had the courage to fight, you were alone but you built your own world. You built your own family, and you are able to get everything you want, because you have already done it before. You know you're a strong person, you know you can make it. And as for your mother, if she wants the best for you, she won't stop talking to you again, because she loves you just as you love your daughter. Do you really think you're alone? Do you think you can't make it?".

"I want my baby. I want my family. I love my boyfriend and I want to start to live my life. I'm going to talk to my mother, and she will have to understand... And if she really loves me she will support me, and she will believe I will be able to make it... Even though I'm afraid of starting all over again".

She faced her problems, and she got over the obstacles.

We are here for you.


No comments: