Friday, July 20, 2012

Mislead

Today a young girl came into the office wanting a pregnancy test. We thought she was opting for an abortion because she looked really nervous and her hand shook while doing the test. Waiting for the results, I asked her what her plans were if it was positive.

To my surprise she said she was hoping she wasn't pregnant, but if she was, she'd never choose abortion. She had had one two years ago and said it was the worst decision she had ever made. I began to talk about the physical risks of the surgical procedure and she interrupted me, "oh trust me I know, I suffered for over a year after my abortion and I regret it every day of my life." She told us the doctors had not given her any warning about the pain afterwards, or told her about the high risk of infertility. She suffered most with the emotional side effects; feeling guilty every day for killing her child. Inside she knew she was a mother, but the doctors tried to convince her she was not.

She said she would never forgive them for misleading her and the way they treated her. This brave young girl's story confirms the insidious motives of abortions clinics worldwide, and should be an encouragement for us all to try our best to fight against the mislead "pro-choice" movement. 

No comments: