Monday, July 12, 2010

Here's to hoping

Today, I met with a girl who is dead set on having an abortion. She had a previous abortion before and is pregnant now but claims she can't keep the baby. I asked her why and she told me that where she is right now in life is enough trouble and adding a baby will just make things worse. I tried to tell her about the resources that are available to her but she found fault and other reasons as to why she didn't want to learn more about them. In fact she even asked me for a recommendation to an abortion clinic which of course I didn't give it to her.

The girl came to the center to get a sonogram but she couldn't see the baby because she was only six weeks pregnant. She was told to make sure she comes back in two weeks but she looked very skeptical. Here's to hoping that she still reconsider her options first before she actually goes through the abortion.

No comments: