Saturday, July 10, 2010

Hard to say Good Bye




How time flies! Within this short period of time, God has used the interns at the EMC Pregnancy Centres, New York to save lives, change lives, and put a smile on faces. So much has been achieved, yet so much still need urgent attention that it seems nothing has been done. Jesus would tell His disciples to pray the Lord of harvest to send labourers to His vineyard. The call is for all: if you are not with EMC Frontline Pregnancy Centres, save babies wherever you find yourself because abortion takes place everywhere. For me, the internship ends today; but a new life begins tomorrow. More days ahead, more babies to save.

During my internship, I did come in contact with different kinds of people, both in and outside the work, everyone in his/her unique nature. Each of the pregnant girls, for instance, has a different set of problems. Some of them are too young to even discuss sexual issues, but the society they live in has made them grow older than their age. In that case, they need careful attention to help them make a better decision in such a delicate situation. I learned to live their lives, wear their shoes, carry their burdens on my shoulders and take their place. So, I was able to help as many as God used me to help.

I learned also to help with love and care. Counseling a teenager who found herself pregnant is not something we learn in some school but a God-given assignment which must be carried out with caution lest we push both the mother and child into the grave.

I appreciate all the people I met in the course of this training: I thank Chris Slattery who's the engine behind it all; I appreciate Linda and all the staff and interns of EMC, not forgetting the meek and humble Sisters of Life and Sisters of Charity, "Working together, Succeeding together". We part today to meet again tomorrow. It's hard to say good bye but it's inevitable. We still work together, saving babies globally.

For my clients, the pregnant girls/women I counseled who turned around to keep their babies, may God continue to protect you and bring a lasting solution to whatever problems that made you ever think of sacrificing your babies at the altar of abortion and immorality. May God be your COURAGE to persevere in this decision.

No comments: