Thursday, August 7, 2014

We can see Him working (Part 1)

On Monday of this week, I was scheduled to meet with a client I told you about last week, to take her to an appointment with a prolife doctor. She had been told after her last baby that she would die if she had another. For this reason, and many others, she wanted an abortion. 

Long story short, we managed to get her to agree to go to this appointment, and get a second opinion, from a doctor who cared about her and would tell her the truth. We agreed to meet at  9:30am. 10am came and went. As did 10:30 ... and 11... 12... Excuse after excuse, and text after text, I was beginning to lose my patience. I knew that people were praying, and so I stuck it out outside the hospital for three hours until I seriously considered leaving. A woman who has been praying a lot for this girl text me to suggest I stayed for one hour longer. And thank God I did. 10 minutes later, I had a text to tell me she was coming! God is so good!

Following the appointment, we got a smoothie and sat outside to go over what the doctor had said. The key message was that, if he did the surgery, she would be better off having the baby than not. The delivery might be complex, but he assured her he could do it. We talked for about 3 more hours that afternoon, and she left to tell her husband what the doctor had said.

I truly believe that it was God's providence that the weekend before a few of us interns had been at Camp Esther where we met some amazing people who all promised to pray for her. Their support and love for this girl was beautiful to see. 

I went home that night feeling rather happy and content. However that wasn't to last very long. See Part 2 for more information!

God bless, Vx. 

Our Lady of Gaudalupe, pray for us.
St Michael the Archangel, pray for us.


No comments: