Saturday, August 16, 2014

Calvary

Hi everyone! 

This Thursday I celebrated my twentieth birthday. However it was a bittersweet day. All of this week, Vanessa and I have been sidewalk counselling at the abortion clinic on Willoughby St. Thursday was especially tough. A client I had been trying to help on Tuesday, who was adamant she was having the abortion, showed up for her appointment. There was nothing I could say or do to help her see that there was other options. She was 19 and in college, and thought abortion was the easy way out of her crisis pregnancy. She told me on Tuesday she would be able to handle it. However the girl I saw come out that abortion clinic didn't have me convinced. She was in a complete trance, with a look of bewilderment and sheer isolation. That was hard. Just two days earlier I saw her seven week old babies heartbeat in the sonogram room. The baby had moved its arm, or what we suspected it to be. But she couldn't look at the sonogram. I was really upset at this prospect.

However Msg Reilly was a real inspiration that day. His dedication and commitment to the pro-life cause is one I admire so much. I was truly blessed to have him there, and his wise words really helped me. He reminded us of the story of Calvary. Jesus had to die, for the Roman soldier who pierced his side, to fully realise he was in fact the Son of God.  He said that this was the same case with the women who have an abortion. With some of them, it is not until after the abortion that they realise that it was a human life that was taken away. And we need to pray for these women, to change their hearts so that they can save the lives of their babies. 

God bless, 

Laura 
xoxo

No comments: