Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stand in the Rain.

This past week I traveled down to Texas to be with family as we buried my grandfather who recently passed away.
Today was my first day back at work and I spent the morning at Dr Emily's abortion clinic in the Bronx. 

It was a stormy morning so naturally umbrellas were a must. I didn't have much luck talking to the girls going in, but as I stood there praying, it was a struggle to not be frustrated.

It can be difficult to maintain an attitude of love in the midst of so much death and lies and hate. But the thing that really encouraged me this morning was Psalm 23. It says The Lord prepares a table for me in the presence of my enemies.

This particular verse reminded me of the message the pastor shared at my grandfather's funeral. He talked about how in certain eras of war if one army was overly confident of victory they would bring a picnic to the battlefield to celebrate and display just how confident they were.

Well, that's what God does for us because we can be 100% sure of victory through Him. Even when I stand here angry and frustrated at the injustice all around us, I can thank God for the victory He has already won.

There's a song by Superchick called "Stand in the Rain." It kept playing in my head all morning as I both literally and Spiritually stood my ground in the rain. This is what these women need to hear--encouragement. They need to be empowered to stand strong in the midst of the chaos and pain surrounding them. We interns have the opportunity to speak to those in deep distress and call them up to stand strong in the rain. This is a battle worth fighting because through Christ we are victorious!


No comments: