Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Complexities And Blessings


Two wonderful women. Two very different situations. I started out with a woman who is planning on keeping, but everything and everyone in her life is pushing her to abort. She is choosing to be strong, she is choosing to trust in God. She had sex with a guy who just wanted a one night stand. She is in a lesbian relationship. Her mom has already told her to find a new place to live. She doesn’t feel like anyone loves her. She feels alone. Or at least she did… Now she has my private number. Now she knows she is in our prayers.
I pray things get better. I know they can’t get much worse. And I know God will bless her for choosing Life!
Next, I met a woman who has everything going for her. Her boyfriend proposed. They will be getting married before the baby is due. Her baby is going to be born around her birthday. She already has a beautiful name picked out. Her mom has opened up her home and finances until the baby is born, then will help her find her own place with the money she has saved.
I looked at the second woman and told her, “you are so blessed.” She nodded like, yeah whatever. So I told her what most girls in my office go through. She realized how amazing this pregnancy is. How wonderful her life is, and will be. She is so happy to be a mom!

No comments: