Saturday, June 4, 2011

We are LIVE... from Boston!


This past week was a little different than the normal grind here at EMC. I had the honor of being interviewed on a pro-life television program called Life Matters stationed out of Boston, Massachusetts. The host of the show, Brendan O'Connell, was very interested in hearing about the internship and all of the work that we are able to accomplish here in New York City.

It was a little nerve-racking to be on a television program, but it was very good! I spread the Gospel of Life in a way that I don't normally get to. I was able to share about my journey to the Big Apple from little 'ole Kentucky. But most importantly I was able to talk about the work that EMC does every day. I told stories about women that have came through our doors seeking abortions and left with a plan, a friend, and hope!

He was interested to know about the amount of education that goes on in our centers; something of which I have the most passion for. I love to teach the girls about the basic anatomy of their bodies, the process of pregnancy, and the specifics about abortion. These are the things that I will take with me to the next step on my journey... to the high school classroom.

I am overjoyed to let the viewers of the Life Matters program in on the value of this internship experience. The work that I have done has made a difference, in my life and many others. Young adults can make a huge impact in the pro-life movement, and EMC offers one way for people to do that. The program will be shown around the country over the next few months, and will be posted on this blog soon... stay tuned!

No comments: