Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Real Heros

We are working right on the frontlines of this epic battle with 40 million casualties and counting. For this reason those who are actively involved in or passively observing our work will often sing our praises and commend us for our incredible example of faith and selflessness. While I appreciate the needed support, I feel that such admiration is in fact misdirected. As much faith as it may have taken for me to move away from my state and step outside of my comfort zone, that is nothing compared to the trust and courage it takes each one of these women we work with to make the decision to keep their baby. Against the culture, against friends and family, sometimes even at a risk of life and livlihood as they know it, they carry out their valient yes for life. I believe they are the true heros (or rather Heroines) and as much as I miss the country, they make New York City a beautiful place to me. They are the hidden flowers in this concrete jungle that God is pleased to show himself through. Don't forget to pray for them and for us, as well as offering these young women support and encouragement if you ever have the blessed opportunity of meeting them and their children.

No comments: