Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A WorldWide Movement


Growing up in a society where abortion was accepted, I had always assumed there were many Americans who both supported and opposed the "Freedom of Choice" way of thinking. However, since the inception of my internship at EMC, I have realized the widespread opposition of abortion and the culture of death.

I previously assumed it was a uniquely American problem, however since meeting and working with various Spanish interns, and Hispanic employees, I realize the overall distaste of abortion.

I am astounded by the fact that so many Americans are anti-abortion, and the effort that those individuals make are impressive. However, I also am impressed with the movement in Europe, as well as, the eight Spanish interns that have come to New York City to intern with Expectant Mother Care. They will take their experiences back to Spain, and speak of the battle over abortion amongst themselves. These experiences will inspire and provide an outlet for hope for the Europeans who may think the battle for life is over.

This is not a uni-national movement, but rather it is worldwide. We have united to save the innocents who do not have a voice, and we have proven language is not a barrier to that sacred work.

No comments: