Sunday, June 5, 2011

Apprehensive No More


While sidewalk counseling outside of Doctor Emily's Abortion Clinic, I had the experience to speak with abortion-minded clients. While numerous young women simply walked by disregarding the options I offered, there was one couple who listened to what I had to say. After gaining their attention, I informed the couple of the abortion alternatives which E.M.C. offered. When listening to their complaints of the baby, I sensed the apprehensive attitude they had toward the abortion procedure. When I gently inquired about this, the response was brief and concise. The male was willing to submit to the female's want for the abortion, but then mentioned the parental disapproval of both their parents.

After speaking with them, I thanked them for their time, and told to call one of our centers if the situation called for it. The couple then strolled inside of the clinic, but thirty minutes later they walked back out in the direction towards their vehicle. As they pulled out, the male smiled and waved, while the female gave another counselor a smile. The initial instinct I had was that the baby was aborted, but then another counselor informed me of the fact that the couple most likely kept their baby.

After work I prayed for that couple and their baby. The grace God gave me allowed for me to do the life-saving work accomplished that day. What the Pro-Choice advocates do not understand is that despite being ignored by many, the fact that we could save the life of one baby gives us the inspiration to continue the work of Our Lord.

No comments: