Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Blood Of The Innocent Continues To Be Shed

My heart aches...

I'm not even sure where to begin...

I experienced what it is like to be in the shoes of a sidewalk advocate for the first time this week.
Planned Parenthood on Bleecker street is one of the oldest Planned Parenthood's in NYC and guess who the entire center is named after? Margret Sanger, of course. The women credited for pioneering birth control in our country to what is now the billion dollar, non-profit organization providing "healthcare" for women called Planned Parenthood.

Now, before I tell you what I saw while outside the abortion clinics this week, allow me to do a comparison that will hopefully put something into perspective for all of us to understand.

I also had the opportunity this week to visit the memorial site of the terrible attacks on the World Trade Center where thousands of people lost their lives. As a matter of fact, close to 3,000 people lost their lives on 9/11 including those killed at the Pentagon. The burial ground where the towers once stood is now a beautiful waterfall encompassed by the names of those lost that day. The constant motion of water symbolized to me that the spirit of these people will forever remain present at this place, in the hearts of New Yorkers and the nation. My friend and co-intern made the comment, "these people's names will be here FOREVER!"

That truly struck me and while it will be a day never forgotten, the truth is that the terrorizing attacks on our nation continue to happen every day! I learned that 3,500 unborn children are killed EVERY DAY due to abortion. Abortion is actually the leading cause of death! Can you imagine the leading cause of death being inflicted upon someone before they even get a chance to greet the world outside of their mother's womb? And where is their beautiful memorial for dying innocently so that abortion clinics may continue to make a hefty profit?

This reality has been weighing heavy on my heart all week, especially knowing that the farthest these children make it in our world is in the trash can...

However, that's not all. While all these children are dying, they're not the only ones losing their life. The misguided mothers tricked into thinking places like Planned Parenthood will help them, end up losing themselves in the process.

I will never forget the look on this women's face as she was leaving the clinic after just having an abortion. It appeared as if her soul was ripped out of her. I'm not even sure she was seeing anything in front of her but just trying to get away... to go somewhere. Her stride was as if every step was the deepest ray of pain pulsing through her body. She had just undergone a traumatic surgery and was sent out of the clinic with a companion who was urging her to walk faster.

Where is the love? Where is the care? How is this women's health the number one priority for these doctors, or more appropriately, abortionist doctors?

I was afraid to hear what she had to say to me as I approached her but all she could muster up as I offered her my assistance was - no, no, no. Words I wish she could have said to that abortionist who pained her this way.

Please pray for her spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental healing.

Also, pray for the clinic workers who are convinced that we are harassing these girls by being on the sidewalks to love and offer them true help in these difficult situations.

Sincerely yours,

Sarah

No comments: