Saturday, July 12, 2014

Last chance ...

Hi everyone,

On Thursday morning I was sidewalk counselling in the Bronx. I never met any woman going in for the abortion, however fully came to terms with how significant sidewalk counselling is to the pro-life cause. You are the last point of contact between the woman and the abortion clinic. It truly is the last chance to save an unborn babies life. 


After that I spent my first day in the Bronx office. I spoke with two clients, one who was adamant on having an abortion, and the other was a woman whose test turned out negative, but whom I spoke with for quite a while. She was telling me about having had two abortions around twenty years ago, and the regret she feels. Abortion not only takes away the life of a baby, but is detrimental to the woman as well. Studies have shown that up to 60% of women experience some form of Post Abortion Syndrome after their experience, which include feelings of regret, hopelessness and even depression. I gave her the number of Rachel's Vineyard. This is a therapeutic support group set up to help woman who have been through abortions, that they come to terms with their loss and can find healing. I found an excerpt from their website to be very moving... 

""I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me"". 

"In trying to understand the mystery of death, we look to God in times of personal distress, trauma, and the loss of human life. The death caused by abortion leads to anguish and intense yearning for someone who cannot be retrieved. We weep. We recall regrets, our role in what has happened and the child we will miss. It is in these painful moments of loss that we search for meaning"

If you know anyone who has went through an abortion, or if you yourself still struggle to come to terms with the loss of your baby after an abortion, please visit this website and contact the group at this link. 
http://www.rachelsvineyard.org.uk/home

Unfortunately I don't know the circumstances surrounding the girl who had booked an abortion for wednesday past. I really hope and pray that the Holy Spirit guided her and helped her to recognise the beautiful life that was growing inside her. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, and hope everyone has a blessed weekend! 

Laura xoxo

No comments: