Friday, July 18, 2014

God is Good... And Life Is Beautiful!!

The last few days I have really been asking myself why I am here doing this internship. I was beginning to question whether I had made the right choice to come here since it has really been a struggle for me at times for a few reason. Then I remembered that I was here to help save some lives and souls.

But I couldn't help but wonder if I was really reaching that end...

Yesterday I had heard that one of my abortion minded clients had gone in for her Sonogram and found out that she was 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant and was going to keep the baby! I wanted to follow up with her to make sure that she was still doing ok after the sono only to find out that she now wanted to have an abortion. I tried my best to talk her out of it, but unfortunately do not think I was successful as she would not come by the office to talk again. So has this been worth it..?

This morning as I headed to the office feeling very downhearted, I asked God for the strength to get through the day and do my best to be there for the women He sent my way. So, He sent a little humor my way today to cheer me up and topped it all off with a big sign, literally. :)

In the 5 weeks that I have been here I have never once had a client come in to the office looking to take pregnancy test and not have had enough to drink beforehand to do so [if you know what I mean ;) ]. Today three came to the Bronx office... so I had a few laughs about that one and some interesting experiences with those clients.

Then, while I am with one of my clients, the doorbell rings so I had to excuse myself to answer the door. The person at the door was a young gentleman saying he was here for his STD test. I told him that we do not do STD testing and that we were a pregnancy center where we do pregnancy testing, sonograms, etc... he must have not understood because he then proceeded to ask if we could test him. :)

But wait, there's more! I later had a client who came in with a young boy, about 5 years old. While I was helping the client the boy asked to use the restroom and accidentally locked the door and couldn't unlock it. So that was an adventure.

As I was straitening the office towards closing time I chanced to look out the window and saw a moving truck that was stopped in front of our office for a few minutes. This truck was your ordinary moving truck, but it was the slogan across the top that caught my eye. It said, "Life is Beautiful." The ironic thing is that the slogan was facing so that it was upside-down to me, but right side-up to anyone in the building across the street. What's so ironic about that... Planned Parenthood is located on the second floor of that building!

God is Good... and Life Is Beautiful!!!

No comments: