Thursday, July 3, 2014

L's First Blog

Hi everyone, I'm Laura, one of the new interns at the EMC centres. I've flew all the way from Scotland to help join the fight for life in NYC. 

After a momentous 3 days of travelling around airports, Vanessa - the other new Scottish intern- and I finally reached New York City last night to begin our 2 month EMC Pro-Life Internship. 



This summer will present new challenges. Vanessa and I are actively pro-life, and have been truly encouraged and inspired by the Sisters of the Gospel of Life back home, where for the last two summers we helped work at the Cardinal Winning Pro-Life Initiative in Glasgow. During that time I came to realise how vital it was to spread the pro-life message, and the experience with the Srs really gave me the energy and passion to help further the cause. 

Today was my first day at one of the centres. I sat in on two clients, and was really moved by the first client and her turnaround. She came into the clinic planning on having an abortion, however by the end of the session, was talking about keeping her baby. In that moment I definitely witnessed the power of prayer of those praying for the pro-life cause. The second client had a sonogram, and I was completely moved listening to the heartbeat of the 6 week old baby. However she  left undecided, so please pray that she recognises the sacredness and dignity of her unborn child, and that she finds the courage to continue with her pregnancy.

Today has been tiring, however witnessing the courage and determination of the pro-life movement at the front line has completely re-energised my fight. I feel ready to take on the challenge ahead. St John Paul II said : 

"Never tire of firmly speaking out in defense of life from its conception and do not be deterred from the commitment to defend the dignity of every human person with courageous determination." 

Thank you for taking the time to read my first ever blog! Please join me in reading my blogs over the next 8 weeks as I begin this new journey, and in the fight to give the unborn a chance at life!  

God bless.

No comments: