Monday, December 23, 2013

Help her, help her!

It was a beautiful day. That day I was sent to Bronx Office to learn more about the work we had to do through our internship. After some days watching and listening that day I was told to counsel a woman who had just entered in the office. I didn't really know how to do something to help her... I simply knew I had to help the one who was just in front of me. It was the first time I was counseling someone alone...

I said to myself. "let's listen to her". And that's it. She started to tell me about her life, her family, her problems... She told me she had enough problems and she wanted to abort the baby. Having regard all about her situation I saw my opportunity to tell her something. I don't even remember what I said to her but suddenly she started to cry... 

She said she was very sad. She really didn't want to abort him. Finally she surprised me telling she will keep the baby! Then she took an appointment for having a sonogram in some days. I concluded how important the support from our family is to ahead a hard situation and she didn't have any in that moment. She just needed to talk about it with someone and receive any support.

No comments: