Sunday, January 29, 2012

What an Amazing Surprise!

        About two weeks ago I received a client at our Queens center looking for an abortion; we spoke for about an hour and half of about her pregnancy. I explain the risk of abortion and about all of her options. She insisted that she needed to have the abortion because, like many, she wasn't finally stable and just couldn't do it. Like I always do, I asked God to guide me and to please put in my heart the correct words. She left after everything was said and done, afraid she would have an abortion I told her that if she wanted she could return if she needed anything else and to return for a free ultrasound and to use that time for herself, that way she could think of everything and see if abortion was truly the best option for her.
        Today she returned with her sister and cousin and after speaking with her for a little longer, she went into our sonogram room. When she came, she headed straight for the restroom but her sister gave me the great news that she was in fact going to keep her baby, they were more than happy and as they looked at the sonogram picture they were already saying how the baby already looked like family members. Once she came out of the restroom, I could tell that she had this glow about her, she felt relieved and grateful. She said how happy and Thankful she was for everything. I asked her if she was glad she had came in to see us and smile and said very.
         As I open the door for them the feeling I had about this case just brought such an amazing feeling that is hard to explain. I am Thankful with God because now her baby will have the gift to see the light of day! And none of this would be possible without God's guidance and Love!!!!

No comments: