Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Howdy!

My name is Emily Wilkinson and I'm from Montana. I found out about this internship one year ago at the Students for Life of America conference in Washington, D.C., and it has been a dream come true to be accepted into the program.


 My parents were actively involved in the pro-life movement before I was born, and I've been attending pro-life rallies since I was an infant. During high school however, I began to feel drawn toward the issue; I had an urge to get more involved and formed a pro-life club at my high school. I went on to start more Students for Life clubs at the two campuses of Montana State University that I attended before graduating in December 2011. During the few years that I finished college in Bozeman, MT, I was privileged to be involved in the local pro-life movement in other ways: I worked part-time at a wonderful Pregnancy Resource Center, organized an annual March for Life, connected with the local Right to Life chapter, and met community members who pray at the area abortion clinic.


Other than being involved in pro-life activism, my interests are dancing (especially Latin, ballroom, and country), making and listening to music, road trips, photography, and meeting people from all over the world.


When I take a step back and think about this movement, it amazes me that we even need to be doing this work in the first place! It is really crazy that such a thing as abortion even exists, even more so that people profit off the lie of abortion and get away with ruining the lives of millions of unsuspecting women who have no idea of what's in store for them after abortion. This is truly a spiritual battle, and abortion, as some leaders have said, is the Devil's prize. It is the ultimate perversion and destruction of God's image because it targets the most innocent, the most pure of His creation. However, I believe there will be a day in the future when people will look back on the years of legal abortion the way that we currently look back on slavery and decades of racism- with shame and embarrassment that we tolerated such evil for so long.


I feel that pro-life activism may be my calling, and I'm extremely excited to be here for what feels like the next step in that path. Please pray for me!

No comments: