Monday, January 30, 2012

If Holy Spirit Leads You, DO IT

I have known this girl since I was 8 years old.

She is the brunette on the left. Her name is Noelle.

We have gone to summer camp together every year since the age of 8 to Mountain Top Youth Camp in central North Carolina.

Camp was the only time we got to see each other. Every year we both look forward to catching up and attempting to be in the same cabin and team.

2 falls ago, there was a weekend event held at Mountain Top for young adults and college students called Extreme Weekend. I was just returning from backpacking all over Europe with 2 best friends. I fought hard to try and get back to NC from Frankfurt, Germany to be able to go to Extreme Weekend. It was very important to me. I made it.

The second day I was there, I felt the holy spirit leading me to say something about the work I am doing with EMC in NYC. So I asked one of the leaders if I could share for 5 minutes the exciting missions the Lord had me doing. I got the approval. I was able to share with over one hundred 20 year olds the harvest God had me in.

Among them, was Noelle. The holy spirit was moving in her as well. After the meeting that night, her and I talked under the gazebo. She turns to me and asks, "Abigail, did you know I got pregnant when I was 16, and made an adoption plan?" My response was, "Noelle, I had no idea".

We continued talking about this. I told her, "Noelle, do you have any idea what the Lord could do through you in New York City with these girls ?" A year later, I am proud to tell you she is finally here in NYC all the way from NC working with us. She is counseling girls at our crisis pregnancy centers. She literally knows what they are going through.

Moral of the story is, when the holy spirit tells you to do something, DO IT.










No comments: