Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Intern, New Life


I was born and raised in a small farming community in rural Michigan. Growing up I remember distinctly declaring on more than one occasion that the last place I would ever want to live was New York City. The fact that said city is now the place I am incredibly excited to be moving to is proof of the power and persistence of the Holy Spirit. Really, my whole life is proof of that.

God has blessed me with many different experiences in ministry and outreach, such as working with children, teens, the elderly, and foreign mission, but working in the Pro-Life arena is a first. Being the second of nine children, I grew up with a natural love for new life and the blessing of babies. I also love adventure and a good story. There has been adventure aplenty in my life. This will be my 6th residence since graduating from high school in 2005 and during that time I have taken classes through 7 institutions of higher education (including a couple through a school in Italy).

Language, Theology and People are my greatest interests. Throw in some photography, countryside, and exploring new places and you have a general overview of my life. I graduated from Lansing Community College with an Associates in Foreign Language, followed (rather unexpectedly) a few years later by a Bachelors in Pastoral Theology from Sacred Heart Major Seminary in Detroit. While I love learning, especially those subjects, I don't like sitting in classrooms. So, I am thrilled to be heading out onto the streets of New York to put my experience (and God's grace) to good use!

1 comment:

Tabbatha Renea said...

YOU GO GIRL! I love you and am praying for you and all the work you are doing whenever i can think of it!