Sunday, May 22, 2011

A New Gal


Guten Tag! I herald from the creosote-scented, purple mountainous preserves of Arizona. A subtle, dry desert garden, Arizona is known for its desert blooms and its oven summer season. I am looking forward to a humid August in the urban areas of the 11th state in the Union. New Yorkers, who reside in the Grand Canyon State in the wintertime, are known as snow birds; I am a Phoenician and a Diamondback. I am delighted to intern with EMC on the front lines of the urban Pro-Life movement in New York.

As a young, urban Phoenician, I read Dr. Harold O.J. Brown's book, Death Before Birth. The absolute: life is sacred from conception to natural death, left an indelible impression on me. This impression led to action. I am a long-time Arizona Right to Life volunteer, a 40 Days for Life participant, and a pro-life volunteer client service coordinator.

Clients, who are either contemplating an abortion or who are experiencing the side effects of an abortion, remain in my thoughts. There is hope for the broken hearted; there is freedom from the hurt and the pain, for He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds (Psalm 147).

I, recently, read Abby Johnson's Unplanned. When I am not reading great pro-life testimonies, I read classical literature in English and in German and explore National Parks in the Southwest.

It is my desire, as an EMC intern, to give hope to clients contemplating an abortion.

No comments: