Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fruits of Our Labor

One of the best parts about working at my job is seeing the results of our labor.

It's one thing to see the fruit of my labor, and something else when I get to see the fruits of the others I work with.

One day this past week I was assigned to work in Brooklyn. Linda is our director there. As I was walking through the door, I saw her with a woman and a baby.

There were smiles everywhere.

Even the other clients who didn't know who this baby was or belonged to were filled with a subtle peace. It's interesting how a perfect stranger can positively impact your life.

This particular client was one that Linda had last year. All odds were against Linda. There was a major language barrier. She spoke very little English. Also, the woman initially wanted to get an abortion. Linda did not give up on her.

She tried everything in her power in attempts to communicate with this woman. Whether that included a sonogram, a conversation, or a picture to show, Linda tried all that she knew to do in order to save this baby.

She succeeded!

This mother could not have been any happier with her decision to bring her daughter into the world. Praise God for giving Linda the perserverance and wisdom to carry out His will. Thanks be to God! Thank you for reading.


No comments: