Friday, May 6, 2011

Help is Waiting to be Utilized

I stood outside of Dr. Emily abortion clinic today. Up until eleven am, I had talked to around ten girls.

I was able to catch up with a couple that walked out of the back entrance. At first, they ignored me. I'm not sure they knew what I was saying, or that they were interested at all. But I was persistent. I walked with them down the sidewalk.

Finally I was able to get their attention. She abruptly turned towards me and said, "I didn't do it". I said, "You didn't do what? Get the abortion?" She said, "Yeah. I couldn't do it." I said, "Are you lying to me?" She said, " I swear on my life. I couldn't do it. I have done it before and I just couldn't go through with it."

From there, I told her that we can and will help her. I told her we can give her free sonograms as well as other services, but that she needed to come in and do a consultation so that we knew her specific situation. We need to get to know her and establish a relationship.

After I told her what helps we could give her, she was very impressed, extended her arm to shake my hand, and stated her name. I told her mine. She took the pamphlet I gave her with the list of our centers on it.

Glad I could be there to expose the help that awaits to be utilized. Thank you for reading.

No comments: